English Speech Contest
Allows students to improve their oral presentation skills in an impromptu situation.
- Emphasize standard pronunciation and correct intonation.
- Five minutes prior to the contest, students will be given either a picture or picture sequence to prepare.
- Contestants are not allowed to use microphones and should adjust their vocal presentation accordingly.
- Body language is an important factor and will be awarded points.
Time and place
- Approximately one month after each semester begins.
- Language Labs or A/V Room.
- 8th and 11th Grade students. Students will be divided into 2 groups: first, class representatives and second, overseas Chinese student volunteers.
- Participation is compulsory for the first group and every class must have one representative. Participation for the 2nd group is optional.
- Pronunciation 20%
- Articulation 30%
- Skill 30%
- Body language 20%
Both Chinese and native speaking English teachers will be on the panel of judges.
- 1 First place
- 2 Second place
- 3 Third Place
Foreign Language Center | Yanping High School
275 Jianguo South Road Section 1, Taipei, Taiwan | TEL: 886-2-27071478 ext.2602 | FAX: 886-2-27087997